This is a broad role which would best suit someone who is keen to join a dynamic, professional, and innovative Legal team where team spirit is key and working together is fun. You will support Marktplaats and 2dehands at an exciting time as we reshape our businesses to be set up for our ongoing success in the future.
Amongst other responsibilities you will:
Liaise with the business teams and act as their legal advisor – supporting them in all legal matters, keeping an eye on business strategy
Draft, understand, negotiate and close a wide range of commercial agreements
Independently coordinate with local and global functional teams, including Privacy, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, Tax etc.
Carry out product reviews in close collaboration with the product and tech teams, driving the business forward while connecting the dots and protecting the company
Develop strategies together with the central teams to ensure continuous awareness of regulatory topics within the company and help teams to navigate the Digital Law landscape
Be responsible for the company's compliance matters
Manage external lawyers where specialist advice or additional capacity is required
We are looking for an energetic team player with:
5 - 7 years work experience as Dutch qualified lawyer in a top tier law firm and/or as inhouse
proven experience in e-commerce law, IT, IP and/or privacy, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate closely with people across the (global) business
a practical focus, resolution skills and the confidence to advise in real time and to communicate clearly
the ability to find the right balance between business/commercial and legal interests
demonstrated proactivity and aptness at prioritising tasks
the ability to work with little supervision in a fast-pacing environment and you will be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken
a sense for business process excellence and its continuous improvement
fluent in Dutch and English (written and oral)
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- An excellent Equity program. This role plays a key part to the success of the organisation and therefore you will receive a piece of Adevinta every 6 months.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!